Friday, April 16, 2021

Antique Ornate Metal Cigarette Box


*SOLD* This small metal storage box reminds me of a cigarette case, but I'm not sure that's what it is. It is quite a mysterious box. I can't tell what type of metal it is made out of. It has a distressed finish that looks gold but almost pinkish in some places and silverish in other places. I also don't know how to describe the design on the lid - it reminds me of Egyptian design, with an array of similar looking people in profile, with one in the middle seated. It is a beautiful box that would work great for small treasures, perhaps jewelry, or as a stash box. The hinges are in great condition, as is the overall box. It is quite old, but the feet, lid, and sides are all undamaged besides the worn patina. The box measures 4 x 4 inches square, and it stands about 1 1/4 inches high. Such a cool and multifunctional piece!

Purchase this antique metal cigarette case now at www.ecoquirky.com



 

No comments:

Post a Comment